Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Carrot Cake

I made this carrot cake for this month's gathering to celebrate TH and MN's birthday. It was also an early CNY celebration.

TH loves this cake and had been reminding me in our past few meetings that she had not tasted my carrot cake for some time. Can't remember why I had not bake carrot cake for a while. Probably, I was trying out other cakes. Didn't manage to take a picture of this cake the last time I made it. So I made sure there's a photo this time.

"Very nice.... not too sweet.." that's the review for my carrot cake. We were all quite full after dinner and only consumed a small portion of the cake. The wonderful thing was that every one was willing to pack some home as they like the cake very much. And for once, I don't have to worry about how am I going to finish the cake. The next morning, Nan sms to inform me that he husband likes the cake :)

2 comments:

Jens said...

I love carrot cakes but can never get a flat top like yours. How do I get the cake not to rise too much?

YM said...

try reducing the baking powder or you can cut off the top with a serated knife/cake leveler.