Monday, April 21, 2008

Moving on

I am switching jobs… AGAIN?… that's the reaction that I got from quite a number of friends. Going back to the very hectic investment banking department in another bank. It’s not that I’ve picked up this bad habit of job hopping, I just can’t find satisfaction doing compliance work! Nobody really cares about compliance even though it is so so important in this line. I will miss the fact that my work ends at 6 and I’m home around 7-ish. No late nights. Have also got very good colleagues. Going to miss them… especially my “neighbours”. What to do, gotta move on…. Can still date them in Pavillion next time :). Hopefully, I can still find time to bake after starting at the new place.


My long time friend, Shiet, is also moving on…. on a much bigger scale, though. She’s migrating to Perth. A lot of people have migrated, don’t blame them given the current scenario. Some time early this year, I had this thought of migrating too. Don’t know why. Maybe the boredom from mundane office work was getting into me then. But don’t know where to go. I like to travel but the thought of packing my bags to go and live in another country for good seems quite scary, not that I have a lot to pack! Well, I guess I shall just stick to traveling for now.

Well, Shiet’s moving on, gave us another excuse to indulge ourselves. This time we met at Tony Roma’s. Organising these get-togethers is getting tougher by the day as some refuse to respond and yet want to be choosy…. sigh…. pregnant woman.... they always get away with anything!! Anyway, I made these at the request of TTH. Hope that they will like them.

Used Magnolia's vanilla cupcake recipe (reduced sugar version) to make these. Here's how they look before frosting.

I like these two the most.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on new job! You can always bake in another country if you ever migrate. ;-) Were the cupcakes dense? I find them too heavy.

YM said...

bake and eat the cupcakes myself? hmm... maybe not for the time being. My cupcakes turned out more moist than yours and the "dome" shrank a little after it has completely cooled. I used large eggs (A). Did you?

Anonymous said...

No I used normal eggs - the look rather small. What are "A" eggs?

YM said...

without shell, the eggs weigh at least 55g.