Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas cupcakes

Was scheduled to teach Christmas cupcakes last week. Got the course outline back in early October. I was so eager to start working on them as I did not have any classes. But surprisingly, I only managed to try out just 2 weeks before the class. Made some other designs based on the usual things associated with Christmas.

The week before class, Agnes asked me to bake for her some cupcakes to treat her Christian colleagues. Her request was very timely as it gave me the opportunity for more practise. She wanted something nice looking, lots of green and red to represent Christmas. So I made these for her, some designs were from course outline while others are not.



Still had some other designs like ginger bread man, dove and bell, from my cutter set which I have not used. I found that changing the fondant topping to red makes the set looks a lot better, more Christmas like.

This little snowman was initially made of fondant but could not hold due to the humidity. Had to use half gumpaste to make it stay upright.



These are the cupcakes all packed into the box.




Bought these boxes from Jakarta at a very reasonable price. Hope to get some more of these boxes on my next trip :)





2 comments:

JN said...

wah! So nice the cupcakes! Are all the decos on it made from fondant?

YM said...

yup, it's fondant and butter cream.