Sunday, September 21, 2008

Little Lamb

When I bought this Cuddly Lamb Pan from Pastry Pro at 50% off, I had no idea when I was going to use it, just like all my other tools. So, when Yan suggested that I bake a lamb-shaped cake for Quan since he loves his little lamb so much, I quickly agreed.



Many years ago, I bought Yan and Quan each a little lamb soft toy from New Zealand. Yan's little lamb is still in fairly good condition as she takes good care of it. Quan on the other hand, plays with it all the time as he claims that the little lamb is his favourite amongst his many soft toys. He throws the lamb down the stairs, sit on it, squash it and hugs it too. That's how a boy treats his favourite toy. His lamb has lost all its "wool" and has become a grey lamb instead of its original white. Hope that he likes this lamb too.





1 comment:

Jens said...

YM

How to eat such a cute thing?

anyway, i need help. I baked passionfruit cupcakes over the weekend and they turned out very dense and dry although the fruity taste was quite nice.

here's the recipe:

Passionfruit Cupcake

30g butter, softened
1/2 cup (110g) castor sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp

1. Preheat oven to moderate (180oC/160oC fan-forced). Line 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.

2. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and flour in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture is changed to a paler colour. Stir in passionfruit pulp.

3. Divide mixture among cases, smooth surface.

4. Bake cakes about 20 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.

How can I improve it?

Thx!