Friday, October 17, 2008

Gumpaste Flowers

Have been wanting to learn how to make flowers with gumpaste and wire them together. I can make the fondant roses without the wires but am not sure how to put the wires in. Read some books on how you can thread wire through flowers and leaves but have not really seen the practical. While waiting for my Life Size Flower Class to commence, I decided to make roses using the techniques taught in Course 3 of Wilton Method of Cake Decorating. Put in the wires, instead of using toothpick and tied them together and voila..... my very first rose spray.




I bought this Atecco sunflower/daisy cutter from Jakarta recently and made this sunflower. Very easy to make.






Made some extra roses and used them to decorate this carrot cake which I brought to my previous office for raya celebration. Was honoured to be invited and felt so much at home being with them. Even more comfortable than in my current office. Miss my ex-colleagues but not the work. My current job is much more interesting but I can't say the same about my current colleagues. Sigh..... it would be good if I can have the best of both.



Will be going for my Life Size Flower Class this weekend. Will post more pictures after that.

No comments: