Saturday, November 15, 2008

Carol and Edmund's wedding

When Carol told me that she was getting married, I offered to make her cupcakes for her reception in church. Lilac and silver was her theme colour. Not surprise since lilac has always been Carol's favourite colour.



When I saw the invitation card, I knew what I was going to make. Instead of just lilac and silver, I added white to balance the colour. Here's what I made for her.





Carol like the idea that the cupcakes would have hers and Edmund's initial.




Have not invested in a proper stand to display the cupcakes. So I used this stand which I bought some time ago. Could not fit all of them on the stand though.





At the reception, I spent more time observing her guests instead of eating my food. Was curious to know what they think of the cupcakes. I was very happy to I see the cupcakes disappearing from the stand one by one and seeing them eaten by the young and the old alike.
After returning from her honeymoon, Carol called to thanked me again for the cupcakes and told me that her professional photographer took many pictures of the cupcakes. And they really look nice according to her. Have not seen them yet. Hope to get a copy from Carol soon.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Yoke Moy!

BTW was looking through the photos of your past cake creations. Was wondering about the princess cake you made - noticed in the 2DecorateCakes website that the photo of a Barbie doll cake decorated with fondant. http://www.2decoratecakes.com/class_desc.php#30 (Decorating Barbie Doll).

How did they create the even wavey look for the full skirt since the pan is round?

Take care

Juna

YM said...

use fondant to create the "wave" first. then, cover the whole cake with fondant.