Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ben 10

I just can't seem to catch up with the things that kids watch nowadays. Still remember that GY liked teletubbies when he was very young. I actually learned the names of all the teletubby characters from him.

After that, he was crazy about cars, ya.... Lightning McQueen was his favourite. He also knew the names of all the cars in that the movie CARS. I managed to bake a Lightning McQueen cake for him last year.

Then, he was fascinated with Thomas and Friends. Once, when we were at the toys department in Isetan he suddenly shouted "Thomas!". I thought Thomas was his friend until I saw him running to all the trains! It was another discovery for me. He introduced me to the Fat Controller and all the other trains. Didn't manage to bake a Thomas cake for him.

Now that he has just turned 6, he is crazy about Ben 10. As usual, I don't know who's Ben. He never existed during my childhood days for sure. GY is willing to sacrifice going for kai-kai as long as he gets to watch his friend Ben. Ben has got this special watch that can turn him into some aliens. Good aliens actually. Ben can turn into Four Arms, Upgrade, XLRS, Diamond Head, Stinky Fly and ..... can't remember what else.



So for his 6th birthday, I decided to make him a Ben 10 cake. Got the sugarsheet printed at Loveliana and brought the whole cake over to Singapore. Got him very excited and he even wanted to share his cake with his friend. Actually, I think it was more to show off...:) But mummy and daddy found the fondant too sweet and refused to give the cake to his friend for fear that his friend's parents wouldn't like it.

Most people do not like the taste of fondant. Although GY loves fondant, SY and her brothers don't. Will just have to try out other types of icing. Hope to find the time soon.

No comments: